Sunday, October 2, 2011

I love conference weekends & hate centipedes

There's nothing better than waking up in the morning only to stay in bed, cuddled up next to the one you love while listening to General Conference. I really can't think of anything. I'm not going to lie, we did accidentally fall back asleep (it's live at 6am in Hawaii and being cuddled up in a dark, fan-cooled room, it was impossible to stay awake for that morning session) so needless to say, we have a few talks to makeup.  I am actually somewhat glad we do bc I wasn't ready for Conference to be over. I have been anxiously awaiting to hear the talks for weeks now...this gives me to opportunity to prolong the inspirational messages a few extra days! From the talks given thus far I have made goals to 1. "ponder" after my scripture study...something I have never been great about and 2. Thank Heavenly Father for the tender mercies and answers I receive for things in my daily life.
I know these goal are nothing extreme, but these were the areas I felt I could better improve spiritually.

Being in the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy, I am somewhat limited to the activities I can do...although Greg and I did take time to go on a walk down to the beach, where I got to watch him surf. He pulled some pretty awesome hits. He just gets better & better. I love seeing the joy it brings him after a good surf session. I can't wait til our whole little family is out on those waves. :)

                                 (full rainbow while watching Greg surf. I love Hawaii's beauty!)
Lately, I have also found myself addicted to finding and making new recipes. This weekend was a hit. We ate so many delicious things. Just to make your mouth water, I'll name a few: Orange pull-apart bread, Coconut crusted chicken, Apricot- Rosemary Chicken, and Chocolate-Oreo Mousse with strawberries (we still have more in the fridge and just writing about it makes me want more).


OH MY, I can't forget to write about this! Let me first preface this story by mentioning that we have seen sooooo many centipedes in our house lately. One centipede a year is more than enough for me but we have seen 5 in a 2 week span. One was the biggest one I have ever seen, I'm not exaggerating, it was at least 8-10 inches long (if not more) running across our bedroom floor (right by Greg's foot). The other one we found in our bathroom...this one was about 7 inches long, it was on one of my many late bathroom breaks during the night... it literally scared the pee right out of me (I was on the toilet before I spotted it). This particular centipede was not only creepy but seriously possessed and made it impossible for either of us to go back to bed. Two more were found in our living room right by our couch. We can't figure out why we've had so many. Usually when we find them, they are already dead but these ones have been creeping in our personal space. Greg does the dirty work and chops them in half while I freeze once I've spotted one of these devilish creatures. EEK, they give me the eebie-geebies just remembering them. So with that said, here's the story to the 5th one. Last night Greg was trying to teach me a few notes on the guitar, when he got up to grab me a chair, I spotted a smaller one (which apparently hurt the most if bitten by) running across our bedroom floor. I immediately yelled, "Greg there's a centipede right by your foot." To which I say, if no one has ever seen a white boy jump, Greg did! He was jumping so high around the room yelling "WHERE, WHERE!" (there was alot more coming from his mouth that I won't write down) but just picture him jumping, as high as anyone can possible jump, with guitar in hand. He jumped all over the place, he even jumped right on top of the centipede before jumping on the bed. When he jumped on it, that little thing got out of our sight and he was accusing me of seeing things before we found it again. He ran to get the scissors, chopped it in half and luckily no one was bit. The rest of the night was me bursting out in laughter as I pictured him jumping like a little girl who sees a rat. A few times we both couldn't stop cracking up. All in all, it really wasn't funny, but so tense. I hate centipedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment